Canadian Metis, Emmy award-winning Producer, CTO, Tech Director.
Projects that I've worked on include ADAM : Episode 2 & 3 (partnership with Oats), Baymax Dreams shorts (collaboration with Disney TVA) and countless other keynote / feature demos for the Unity marketing team. My team won a technical Emmy for our work on the Baymax collaboration with Disney.
Prior: Roadhouse Interactive, Namco Bandai Studios Vancouver, DeNA, etc...
Available to consult on your project! Get in touch!
Collaborate with partners working on innovative projects with Unity. Help define roadmap for Unity in the M&E space.
Responsible for the technical direction and coordination of the Central Tech group at RHI, encompassing IT, Dev Ops, Analytics & Shared Solutions teams.
The Central Tech group are responsible for delivering shared technology (client & server), processes and pipelines to be used across all of RHI's titles (between 8-10 projects simultaneously), supporting the action sports, casual/casino, RPG & VR divisions.
My responsibilities include providing the vision & technical leadership for the central tech team, optimizing workflow, requirements gathering across the various teams, as well as helping to prioritize team and studio objectives in order to ensure that the central tech group is able to deliver quality/scaleable services.
IT & Dev Ops: build & deployment systems, IT processes across the studio
Analytics: big data collection, aggregation & collation across all RHI titles
Shared Solutions: common components & shared technology used by all RHI titles
- Software architecture / planning / scheduling for Mobile (Android / IOS) titles using Unity3d engine
- Technical architecture & planning
- Coordinate core technical framework used across all BNSV titles.
- Design & implement standardized 'big data' analytics framework used to capture thousands of events per second for large-scale mobile titles, used in Pacman:256, Tap My Katamari and other titles
- Integration of 3rd party SDK's
- Evaluate & decision maker for 3rd party providers
- oversee technical production of all titles.
- hiring and managing production team. Was brought on board to build the studio from 0 to 70+ staff (so far)
- communicating technical and design requirements to senior management
- coordinate staffing and development resource across all studio projects
- design & pitch original IP
- production team management including overseas development teams
- manage & monitor live game operations
- special events planning & operations
- lead Unity 3D technology initiative internally, lead developer (prototyping / training & product development) for Android & iOS platforms using C#